Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5k Registration

I did it.  I bit the bullet and registered for my very first 5k.  If anybody is looking for me on St. Patty's day, this is where I'll be.  It's at a winery!  How fun is that?!  Will run for wine :)

UPDATE 03/22/12:
The weather was total crap during race week and, of course, on race day as well.  Saturday morning we drove through a torrential downpour for about 23 out of the 28 miles to the winery.  But low and behold, just before race time the clouds parted and the skies cleared.  It was only about 40 degrees and quite windy but thankfully, dry at long last.  Flat is not the word I would use to describe the course.  All these factors combined = one slow Rachel!  No matter, I still ran the whole 3.2 miles without having to stop and walk... which was my goal.  Speed will come later.  I finished in 43:10, the same time some skinny bitch was finishing her 10k, haha!

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you boot, that's no small feat. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete