Monday, June 25, 2012

Toilets and Floors and DIY, oh my!

It was a very productive weekend for the Burkholder crew!  We decided to get busy on a few DIY projects around the house.

We replaced our 30 year old, low efficiency toilets yesterday with these two lovely ladies.

Here's a little before and after for you:


We picked out some new flooring, which I'm so excited about!  We decided to go with a handscraped engineered hardwood (love).  I feel like we got a good price (lower than the price on the website).  All 25 boxes are in stock and ready to be picked up.  Now we just need some friends who are willing to help us install.  I really wish my extremely talented contractor brother lived closer!





Sorry for the poor photo quality, my Nikon battery was dead and had to use the old cell phone.  (And yes, I know there is sticker on the front of the toilet. )
And the most exciting DIY project from over the weekend:
Warren made his first pee pee in the potty!
Sorry for he embarrassing shot buddy; you're just so darn cute, I can't help myself!

Next up on the DIY project list: paint kitchen cabinets.  That's a big fat time consuming project, so I've been putting it off.  I need to get on it... would like to have it done before new floors go down.

1 comment:

  1. phew! glad you made the note about the toilet sticker because i almost stopped reading to comment about it. i should have known better, you would never miss something like that :)

    ReplyDelete